Year 6

44
Parents-return-letter-09_2020-2

Hi Year 6 [old and new].

I’ve been trying to make book reviews more fun to write and came up with this idea – more of a piece of art than a piece of writing. The first one is based on a story I read to my class last year, and the second is based on a book I have just read today. I took a few of the main themes from the stories and painted them, before writing / painting my thoughts about the books. I would really like to see some of you paint / draw similar reviews about books you have recently read. Perhaps we could put them altogether in September and add them to our Reading display.

Good morning Year 6.
I think you are all going to really love this.

If you click on the link below, you will be able to watch a maths lesson, teaching you about finding the area of squares and rectangles. You will need to use your times table knowledge for this, so if you struggle please use a multiplication table to help. Once you have watched the lesson, you need to select which task you feel confident in tackling -more than one if you are really keen. Complete the task in your Maths book, just like you do in class – and just as neat. DON’T FORGET DUMTUMS; take a photo of your completed work; post it on here, or the blog and we can talk about your answers.
Don’t forget you can watch the video as many times as you need to, so if there is a part you are unsure about this should help. Also, message me on here or the blog if you need help and I will get back to you.